Sunday, September 7, 2008

On Brandon's Needless Random Tangent to Fox News


I am sure I am not the only one who has ever woke up in the morning in a bad mood and just had to complain about every little thing. In fact, recalling some of my ex-girlfriends I am absolutely sure of it, though I won’t mention any names. They know who they are. Anyway, as I was stewing in this mood and watching Fox News, I realized they were using a popular trick to hook in viewers before each commercial break and I just had to say something. Bearing my soul and my embarrassment at being such a whiney, superficial idiot, I now reveal my e-mail to Fox News for your reading pleasure; or displeasure whatever the case may be.

Hello,

I would just like to comment on those upcoming segment previews you have before every break. You consistently tell people what is coming up next, and you will actually use the word "next," but then decide for some reason to leave them hanging for an extra hour or so before you actually get to the story even when there is no breaking news. To me it comes across as unprofessional and dishonest, which is unbecoming of a news organization. Yes, I understand that you want people to stay tuned so that you can get extra ratings and therefore you utilize this tactic. However, it should be remembered that you are Fox News, not Everybody Loves Raymond, and using an entertainment industry tactic to suck in viewers should be a little beneath you.

Thank you for your time,

Brandon Myhre

Seattle, Wa

P.S. By the way, everything else about your channel; spot on!

By the way, I wish all my ex’s the best. I’m just being real…

No comments:

Post a Comment