Sunday, September 7, 2008

On The Worst Music Videos: Part Mays


Not all videos compliment a musical tune, but may rather do the opposite, destroying it both audibly and visually. A few examples are provided below.

Fine Young Cannibals: She Drives Me Crazy (Why does this video have such an overbearing "Sprockets" feel to me?)




Men At Work: Land Down Under (Love the song, but the video is lacking. Though, some of the imagery is exactly what I pictured when listening to the song. Some.)


Dead or Alive: You Spin Me Round (Like a Record)

If you like this song I don't recommend viewing this video. This is one example of when a music video made me hate a song with a passion immediately after viewing. I have also noticed an interesting bad music video cliche within the confines of the film; an out of focus disco ball. If you see one in a music video, chances are its crap.


Blotto: I Wanna Be a Lifeguard (I wanna gouge out my eyeballs and eardrums after seeing and hearing this steaming pile.)


Human League: Don't You Want Me? (One of the most boring video's ever with an aged Eddie Wolfgang Munster in lipstick.)



So thats what Butch Patrick was up to during the 80's. I was curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment