Saturday, September 6, 2008

On My Rant to Keith Olbermann and The Huffington Post Concerning 9/11 and The RNC


This may be completely biased, but I consider myself to be pretty open minded when it comes to differing political points of view, and I often frequent liberal and conservative websites in order that I may get a wide range of data from which I can draw my own conclusion. However, my open-mindedness gets tossed out the window when I see someone arbitrarily vilifying a person or group of persons in an attempt to add credence to their own belief structure without any basis whatsoever. Now, it is no secret that I am not a fan of MSNBC, and I have stuck to my guns of not watching NBC at all, you should be happy to know, but I ran across this while reading the Huffington Post. The thing that impresses me is the amount of people that actually agree with Olbermann, who obviously is trying to damage the momentum of the Republican party during their convention by being a complete idiot. I have included the article and video’s from the Huffington Post, which was posted on the 5th of September, for your consideration:

Huffington Post: 09/05/08
Keith Olbermann Apologizes For RNC's Graphic 9/11 Tribute (VIDEO)

“A visibly upset Keith Olbermann apologized to viewers Thursday night for the graphic 9/11 tribute played in the lead-up to John McCain's acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention.
Olbermann said of the video:
‘If at this late date, any television network had, of its own accord, shown that much video tape and that much graphic video tape of 9/11...it, we, would be rightly eviscerated at all quarters, perhaps by the Republican Party itself, for exploiting the memories of the dead, and perhaps even for trying to evoke that pain again. If you reacted to that video tape the way I did, I apologize. It is a subject of great pain, for many of us still, and it was probably not appropriate to be shown.’

The graphic video in question (WARNING: MAY BE DIFFICULT TO WATCH):”




You would think that sensible people would realize that because the convention aired this on September 4th, that it would be appropriate for any party to show a tribute to those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks. However, with morons like Keith Olbermann, it is better to forget those who died in 9/11 and what happened there. In fact, I don’t recall it even being brought up at the DNC at all. Just like it never happened. Olbermann who supposedly lost friends in the disaster, you would think, would be moved at such a touching tribute, but no. He is incapable of seeing past his politics and this is further evidence why the guy should not sit behind a news desk. Maybe the E! network, alright, but not at MSNBC. Really Keith. Get a clue.

At any rate, I felt I just needed to reply to the article, of course, so I posted a comment on the Huffington Post webpage, which I have also enclosed for your close inspection.

“You all make me sick. A tragic event happened that day and everything in the video was historic, compassionate, in good taste, and the footage has been already showed all over the news before hand. The reason that you are so pissed off is because you differ from the Republicans in politics, and when your political agenda negates compassion and pride for your country, that is detestable. Should I protest McCain or Obama when they visit ground-0? Of course not! Why? Because I respect what happened, cherish the memories of those that lost their lives, the hero's that were made that day, remember how people felt about it in that moment and agree that we should never let it happen again. Keith Olbermann and anyone who agrees with what he said is letting their political bias get in the way of that which you claim to be proponents of; that is freedom and love for the United States of America. You are all hyphenated American's now, liberal-pseudo-american's. Show some damn respect, or at least, try to act human every once and while and see beyond the politics to the very heart of America.”

Ok, so I was a little offended that the Huffington Post apparently agrees with Olbermann’s point of view and at the support it was getting by the readers, so I may have got a little angry. This offends me more than that video ever would have. If they were trying to capitalize on peoples anguish at that time, I would be offended and I could see their point, but I feel the video and how it was done to be in such great taste and done in a bi-partisan manner that to get upset over it is absolutely moronic. Not to mention the anniversary of the disaster is just days away and then if you throw into the mix McCain’s past and speech, the use of the video becomes valid.

Speaking of capitalizing on people’s pain, I am sure Keith Olbermann has absolutely no issues with Michael Moore at all. Idiot. I am currently waiting to see if my comment will pass the moderators to be put on the page, but I am not holding my breath. I probably haven’t been properly vetted enough.

3 comments:

  1. Olbermann was apologizing for what was painfully obvious. The Republican National Convention was using very graphic images from the 9/11 tragedy FOR POLITICAL GAIN. Remembrance is necessary so that history won't repeat itself. What they were trying to do was not remember the fallen, they were trying to make you remember how afraid we all were back then. That type of fear mongering should be what offends you, not someone apologizing for a network airing obvious and vile propaganda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is painfully obvious is you missed the point by seeing the world through a veil of politics. Fear mongering? Perhaps we should be afraid since everyone has already forgot the emotional connection to what happened that day and is trying to forget. We should be fearful. The Republicans are making a vow to the voters that it will never happen again, and with it being the #4 issue, national security, it is a valid one to make. Furthermore, applying your principle all politics would be fear mongering, even when politicians speak about the economy they, according to you would be applying the principle to use fear to get votes. That sounds silly but so does the 9/11 tape thing. It is a fear people have and it is the party addressing that fear. With 9/11 is about to be in the spotlight again in three days and specials with much of the same footage are airing on the discovery and history channels, why aren't people out complaining against that?

    The video showed the event and was addressed on a social, political, historical level, and addresses the future as well. Take that in conjunction with McCain's history and record, this is legit, legit and legit. How that is bad I don't know, but NBC finally figured it out and showed that by firing Olbermann and Matthews from election coverage and shoving them back on the commentary desk where they belong. Even those far left people found it ridiculous and did the right thing. We could go on pretending that nothing ever happened, but then we would be kicking ourselves when thousands of more innocent american lives are lost in another attack. We will cry out, "Why? How could this have happened?" We will look for someone to blame, but we need not look further than those who perpetrated it and our very selves that chose to ignore it. I only wish the DNC would have done a similar tribute, but it was not even mentioned. To me that is way more offensive than paying tribute to fallen men and women and the hero's that were made that day. If voting, tributes and freedom offends you then there are alternatives to living in this nation, and I will even provide a phone number to a great travel agent to help you on your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olbermann is an idiot and I'm glad he was ousted. Huffington lost credibility with many including myself long ago. They are clearly not bi-partison.

    We the American public will never forget 9/11 and we must win this war on terror. If we lose, we will lose our freedoms, we will become a communist state.

    In 1997 Obama had been hanging around American political office for like… a minute, and he came up with a new Islam Holiday. Barack Obama declared November 1, 1997 to be Islamic Community Center Day.
    MSM of course does not mention this. You can read it here: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/legisnet90/summary/900SR0110.html

    Credit be to dissfunktional for the find, I read it on that blog, in this article:
    http://dissfunktional.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/asa-eslocker-secret-prison

    I found your blog from there as well, BTW! It was on the blogroll.

    ReplyDelete