Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On The Montauk Monster: Update!


It has come to my attention that Fox News has tracked down and interviewed Jenna Hewitt about the picture she took. In her account, her and three girlfriends ran across the creature, which they first took to be a dog, though now she thinks its a raccoon. The raccoon theory seems to be a popular one, though it doesn't really look anything like a raccoon. Jeff Corwin explains that it is an extremely rare kind of raccoon. According to Jim (its a horrible show), it is the canine teeth of the animal that give it the appearance of having a beak.


Raccoon Skull

So my initial thoughts of it being a hoax or some sort of zoological Frankenstein monster may be incorrect after all. Though I still find it curious that the carcass has not turned up. In the interview with Jenna Hewitt, she stated that the carcass is now in the hands of a Montauk local, and not in the hands of scientists, which had been originally reported on the web and some news organizations. I would like to know what species of raccoon it is supposed to be, because it certainly doesn't look like the ones that creep across my deck at night harassing my cats. So, I think I now have the real answer. I believe it to be a juvenile Terror-Dog, the canine companions of Zuul and Gozer. Perhaps Fox News should interview the Gatekeeper and Keymaster to get their take on the subject.


Whatever it is, all Montauk residents are now being warned about the creature and its presence. Further advice is to, not only evade the creature at all costs, but also, if one does come in contact with a Terror-Dog, to avoid crossing the streams. I get the feeling we haven't heard the last of the Montauk Terror-Dog.

1 comment: